Looking to make a move to the Golden Isles?
Whether you are looking for Glynn County Utilities or the Nearest School, We’ve got a complete list of everything you will need
Glynn County Newcomers Information
So you’ve made the decision to move to the Golden Isles. What next? Whether you are making a career change or a move to a slower way of life, Brunswick and the Golden Isles has everything you can ask for. But making a big move can come with certain headaches and uncertainty. Need a Real Estate or Property Management Company? What about a Moving Company? Theislanddirectory.com has every kind of contractor you will need to make those changes or repairs to your new home.
We’ve made a list of Newcomer Information and everything you will need to make your move a smooth transition. The first thing you need to know is: We move at a much slower and simpler pace here, so take a deep breath, you aren’t in Kansas anymore Dorothy. the second thing is, you will learn to love our slower pace and embrace it in no time at all.
We’ve included a complete list of all of the utilities you might need or want to have in your new home. Once you get here you will want to make sure to change your driver’s license information and voter registration. Make sure to check the times, they take Mondays off at the DMV.
Glynn County has some of the best public schools in the state. If you need to find out what school zone you are in, then go to their website or just ask your neighbor-it’s a good way to meet new folks. Click here if you’d like to see the School Year Calendar. There are several amazing private and Christian schools in the area as well. Brunswick is home to the College of Coastal Georgia, a University of Georgia campus right in the heart of Brunswick. Click here to go to the Glynn County School System website.
Want to meet other newcomers to the area? Why not join a newcomers club. There are 2 clubs in the area, one on St. Simons, and 1 in Brunswick. They plan monthly meetings and social events throughout the year so you will have plenty of opportunities to meet other newbies like yourself.
Looking to get involved in the business community? Check out the Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce Event Calendar. Each month they hold a Business After Hours at a local restaurant of business. This is a great way to make connections and network with other businesses. There are door prizes and drawings every month. Be sure to check it out.
While you’re setting up your new place, you might want to check out some of the best restaurants in the Golden Isles. Click here for a list of the best places to get the most amazing hamburgers in the area.
Brunswick Newcomers’ Group 90 Hardwood Forest Drive Brunswick GA 31525 (912) 265-6255
Island Newcomers Club 24242 P.O. Box St. Simons Island GA 31522 (912) 638-4886
Utility & Cable Companies in Glynn County
• Electricity – Georgia Power, 1-888-660-5890
• Natural Gas – Gas South 866-458-7400
• Water, Sewer and Garbage
Brunswick-Glynn Joint Water Sewer Commission, 700 Gloucester St., Brunswick, GA 31520 261-7100
• Jekyll Island Water and Sewer,
100 James Rd, Jkyl Isl, GA 31527 635-4098
• Telephone – AT&T Residential: 1-800-288-2020 Business: 1-800-321-2000
• COMCAST Phone: 800 COM-CAST
• Cable T. V.
• COMCAST Phone: 800 COM-CAST
• AT&T – 855-518-7789 or visit www.att.com
• Jekyll Island Annual Pass – Available at the Jekyll Island Welcome Center
• Garbage & Trash Collection – To establish service 554-7111
• Driver’s License/Photo ID – Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles office on
134 Jack Hartman Blvd. N. Hwy 17 left @MM 21 (Closed Mondays),
No tests after (4:30) 678-413-8400 (No checks accepted)
Booklets are available at the Patrol office
Glynn County Vehicle Registration
State Auto Tags, Glynn Co Tax Commissioners Office, 1725 Reynolds St, Brunswick, GA 31520 554-7000
Glynn County Voter Registration
Glynn County Board of Elections,
1815 Gloucester Street, Bwk, GA 31520 554-7060
Southeast Georgia Health System 466-7000
St Simons Immediate Care Center 466-5900
Glynn County Animal Control
Animal Control 4765 US-17 N, Brunswick, GA 31525 (912) 554-7500
Humane Society of South Georgia 4627 US-17, Brunswick, GA 31525 264-6246
Glynn County Zip Codes
Brunswick 31520, 31521, 31523, 31525
St. Simons Island 31522
Jekyll Island 31527
Sea Island 31561
Newspapers & Periodicals
Brunswick News 265-8320
The Islander 265-9654
Glynn County Public Libraries
Marshes of Glynn Libraries
• Brunswick/Glynn County Library 208 Gloucester St., Bruns, 279-3740
• St. Simons Public Library Neptune Park 279-3750
General Information 1-800-772-1213
- Glynn County Board of Education, 1313 Egmont Street, Bwk, GA 31520 267-4100
Private Schools –
- Frederica Academy 200 Murray Way, St. Simons Island, GA 31522 638-9981
- St Simons Christian School, 1060 Coquina Cir. Simons Island, GA 31522 634-8177
- Remington Academy @ Lord of Life 1111 Menendez Ave St. Simons Island, GA 31522 771-8946
- St. Francis Xavier School, 1121 Union Street, Bwk, GA 31520 265-9470
- Brunswick Christian Academy 4231 US-17, Brunswick, GA 31525 (912) 264-4546
- Heritage Christian Academy 4265 Norwich St Ext, Brunswick, GA 31520 (912) 264-5491
College of Coastal Georgia, One College Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520-3644